Spring 2013 Position Opening: Executive Pastor/Director
Grace Redeemer Church is a daughter church of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City. Originally planted in 1999, GRC has since planted two of our own daughter churches in the greater NYC area. We are a growing, multi-ethnic congregation in the midst of a highly diverse suburban county just outside of Manhattan. As GRC continues to experience and foster Kingdom growth, we have a need for an Executive Pastor/Director to help provide strategic leadership to the church and to our mission.
GRC seeks candidates who desire to exercise leadership and administrative gifts within the local church. The ideal candidate will have relevant leadership experience in the ministry of the church, whether as a pastor or a lay-person. The Executive Pastor/Director serves the church in the following ways:
- The Executive Pastor/Director provides ‘executive’ leadership along with Senior Pastor, in order to refine and execute vision. He helps establish and leads execution of strategic initiatives.
- He is a steward of the church’s most valuable resource: God’s people. He supervises staff, aligns key ministry leaders with Kingdom priorities and directs the mobilization of the laity in support of the vision and mission of the church. He ensures integration and cooperation across ministry areas.
- He manages operational matters of the church. He provides complementary strengths to the Senior Pastor and frees him to focus on preaching/teaching and overall leadership.
- He oversees management of the church budget with integrity and with sharp managerial oversight.
- He oversees GRC’s communications strategy which involves our church website, lay-leader equipping, missional engagement and connecting/informing the membership.
- He leads volunteer teams, recruits, develops and inspires people, sets clear expectations and accountability.
- He possesses strong initiative, passion and problem-solving abilities.
- Matches and fulfills the character qualifications of an elder as described in the Scriptures.
- Continues to develop a Gospel-centered philosophy of ministry through the local church.
- Possesses strong administrative and organizational skills and gifts. We prefer candidate to have 5+ years of professional-level skills and experience with the local church, business, and financial management (whether as a lay leader or a pastor).
- Leads the building of strategies and systems in support of the vision established by the Elders.
- Demonstrates a deep Gospel-humility, while also confident and passionate about accomplishing great Kingdom purposes in reliance on the power of the Holy Spirit and on the resources God has given to His church.
- Exhibits leadership with strong interpersonal skills that can adapt to various personalities and contexts.
- Desire to be a part of a team of Kingdom servants; enjoys staff camaraderie with a sense of humor about self on the basis of confidence in Christ-identity.
- Honors membership vows taken by all Grace Redeemer Church members.
- Affirms core beliefs and doctrinal standards of Grace Redeemer Church.
- Ordination status/credentials are optional.
Employment Class: Full-Time, Exempt
Benefits: Vacation and Holidays; Study-Leave; Health, Life and Disability Insurance; Retirement Contributions
Reporting Structure: Reports directly to Senior Pastor, and secondarily, to the Session (Elder Board).
Applications should be sent only via email to email@example.com. Any materials which cannot be digitally-sent should be mailed to: Grace Redeemer Church, Attn: Recruiter, 125 Galway Place, 2nd Floor, Teaneck, NJ 07666. Applications should include a resume/C.V., Ministerial Data Form (if applicable), 2 writing samples (one of which should be outside of the biblical-theological realm), 2-3 sermons in mp3-format (if ordained), and at least 3 references.