March 24, 2020
Dear GRC family —
Today’s update is a compilation of information/decisions that continue to be in-effect (nothing new) along with some new or tweaked information. Our current plan is to provide a Tues update along with a Thurs Voice of Grace, but at any time, as you know, things can change quickly! The phrase “until further notice” continues to apply to every recurring element below.
- Worship. We will continue to livestream the worship service on Sunday mornings starting with prelude music at 11:10am. You can go to our website or simply enter and bookmark: www.graceredeemer.com/livestream.
- Make sure to join in – not just watch, but sing, actively listen, pray along!
- We have discontinued the YouTube feed due to limited personnel on site and the need to actively manage the primary live-stream feed. In addition to the website access, you can also access the live-stream via Facebook.
- Note: it is much more difficult for our team to livestream vs. pre-record, but our team believes it is worth the effort (and so many of you have affirmed that there is something tangible/special about still gathering together at the same time!).
- This past Sunday, you may noticed we added a new feature to facilitate offering since we are unable to gather for worship. Text “graceredeemer” to 77977 to make giving easier.
- Sunday School. Starting this Sunday, March 29th, there will be various digital ‘gatherings’ via video conference (Google Meet). This will allow us to have interactive classes, including discussion and Q&A. The schedule will change, but for the next two Sundays, adults will meet with Steve from 10-11am; youth will meet separately from 10-11am; and Pre-K through 5th grades will have separate meetings in staggered times according to a schedule directly sent by Children’s Ministry on Mon 23rd. (If you are not on that email distribution, please email Children Ministry with questions and the names/ages of your children). All of these efforts are part of a collaborative class called Equipping for Family Discipleship. Note that most church-wide digital ‘gatherings’ are listed under Upcoming Events on our homepage. The exceptions are class-specific gatherings that are specified by the Youth and Children’s Ministries. Parents, remember to check out and bookmark the Grace Kids Facebook page. (You do not need an account).
THROUGHOUT THE WEEK
- Social Distancing. In accord with public health and government instructions, all ministries and meetings continue to be held online-ONLY. If you need any assistance setting up and conducting an online gathering, email our admin staff.
- Office Staff and Facility. The church office is closed until further notice. Extremely limited staff will be on-site to receive mail and to ensure that the facility is secure and that major systems (plumbing, heat, electric) are operational. The church phone number is being received remotely by several staff, so you may continue to call (201) 357-4216 during normal business hours OR email to get our admin staff. (Note: the Star of Hope-related food deliveries in our warehouse continue to function as scheduled).
PRAYERS & DEVOTIONAL
- Kingdom Prayer. We continue to host congregational prayer meetings via Google Meet on Sun, Mon and Thurs evenings from 8-8:30pm. You can find the links on our homepage under Upcoming Events. Each one is led by an elder or pastor, and you are encouraged to join any time. You may find it encouraging simply to listen to and agree with the prayers of others!
- Morning Devotionals. On Mon, Wed and Fri, GRC is gathering for a morning devotional from 7-7:30am. You can find the links on our homepage under Upcoming Events. Pastors Peter and Steve, and elder John Gregory are leading us through the Psalms. Grab your Bible, join the Google Meet, and be encouraged through this interactive time in God’s Word.
COMMUNITY CARE & OUTREACH
- Diaconal Ministry. Our Deacons and Deaconesses continue to conference in order to coordinate the care of those who need assistance, who are experiencing any kind of vulnerability in this time. Use this GRC Support Form to indicate your need OR your willingness to volunteer to meet that need. We thank you for your generosity in supporting the Mercy Fund which has received a significant infusion during this urgent time!
- Medical Supplies. The Diaconate encourages GRC, our friends/family/networks, to donate any supplies you may have that can be well-utilized by healthcare professionals on the front-lines. Please see Dr. Clara Lee’s appeal and list of needed supplies. Already some significant supplies have been provided to Valley Hospital and to Holy Name Medical Center.
- Outreach. Have you had any conversations with friends, family or co-workers who are expressing more interest in biblical Christianity? We’re exploring ways to shift to a virtual platform our anticipated launch of Christianity Explored – an investigative Bible study for seekers/inquirers. Questions or interest: please email Steve Sage.
Keep ‘reaching out’ through calls, videos, and social media. Check on the elderly and those who are more isolated from this stay-at-home order. Pray for opportunities to share the hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15) because of the unchanging promises at the heart of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And we encourage you to take the time to join us for Word and Prayer using the digital gatherings mentioned above.
We continue to pray for you!
The Pastors and Elders of Grace Redeemer Church
Lee Augsburger Steve Sage
John Chung Donald Thampy
John Gregory Peter Wang